20th march 2018
The Career in International Affairs Forum is the only event dedicated to Careers in International Affairs. Taking place annually in London, our programmes have something for every career stage. Whatever your grade and specialty, our event has a lot to offer. As well as hearing from leading experts and institutions ,delegates can also receive careers advice and identify alternative career pathways.
Click here to register your place at this year's Career in International Affairs Forum. Places are limited, so make sure you book ahead to secure your place.
Career in International Affairs Forum Programme
08:45- 09:15: Registration
09:15- 10:00: Career in the British Foreign Service
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Richard Everingham, Lead on the Fast Stream Recruitment
10:00- 11:00: Career in International Organisations
- World Bank: Claire Willman, International Affairs Associate
- United Nations Population Fund: Matthew Jackson, Director of the UK Office
10:40- 11:00: Break
11:20 – 12:20: Career in Think Tanks
- Chatham House: Lisa O’Daly, Director of Human Resource
- Royal United Services Institute: Oliver Kraft, Research Fellow
12:20- 13:00: Career in Education
- , British Council: Bethan Dining, Project Manager
13:00- 14:00: Lunch Break
14:00- 15:00: Career in the Humanitarian Sector and UN Agency
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC): Sophie Da Silva, Recruiter & HR Marketing Officer
- International Maritime Organisation (TBC)
15:00- 15:45: Career in International Affairs: Private Sector
- Chertoff Group: Jonathan Paris, Senior Adviser
- Dentons: Richard Griffitts, Senior Adviser
15: 45 – 16:00: Break
16:00 – 17:00: Career in the United Nations
- Eva Jansen, Human Resources Officer, United Nations
17:00: Closing Notes: Career in Diplomacy
Download the Programme
Click here to download the programme
- Learn what skills and knowledge leading institutions are looking for
- What languages are needed and at what level?
- What opportunities are available to further improve your language skills?
- Network and gain contacts with leading International institutions
- What support is available to individuals to realise their full potential in their chosen career
A selection of leading institutions take part in the forum to present their work delivered, the required skills/Knowledge and the career path in their specific categories.
The participating organisations belong to the following categories: Governments’ Agencies, International Organisations, Think Tanks, UN Agencies, Development and financial Agencies and education institutions
The event provides an opportunity for young professionals to discuss the set of skills, knowledge necessary, the career paths that match their aspirations.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: + 44 (0) 208 853 3293